Introduction To Oriental Rug Repair (Three Days)
October 8-10, 2014
Rug repair and restoration tools.
We will use real scissors!
Blanket stitch, up close.
Basic repair technique for those with only the most basic familiarity with oriental rugs and structure. These fundamental, day-to-day skills can be sold readily to a broad base of retail and wholesale customers. Testimonials ».
- End sewing and securing
- Hand sewing of machine-made fringes
- Selvage wrapping and repair
- Correcting side curling
- Closing cuts and tears
- Cutting and finishing electrical cord holes in rugs
- Velcro® hanging systems
- Adhesive support patches
Included with $2,495.00 tuition:
- Complete tool kit suitable to begin doing the work taught and a copy of Marla Mallett's book "Woven Structures: A Guide To Oriental Rug and Textile Analysis."
- Rug scrap to work on in class and take home
- Comprehensive handouts with recommended books and suppliers.
Next course: October 8, 9 & 10. Download
for enrollment and payment form.