Essential Oriental Rug Repair
January 28-30, 2019 or July 15-17, 2019
Master Rug Cleaner and Robert Mann Oriental Rugs
A three-day immersive course held at Robert Mann’s new, state of the art rug cleaning and repair facility is designed for those with an understanding of oriental rugs and their structure. Regardless of skill level, former students found this class to deliver far beyond their expectations. These essential and fundamental day-to-day skills can be sold readily to a broad base of retail and wholesale customers.
- End sewing and securing—all commonly used techniques
- Hand sewing of machine-made fringes
- Selvage wrapping and repair
- Correcting side curling
- Closing cuts and tears
- VelcroÒ hanging systems
- Dyeing with both synthetic and natural dyes to achieve colors you can’t buy off the shelf
- Patching/Adhesive support patches
- Re-spinning materials with a drop spindle to better match structure
Included with $2500.00 tuition:
- Complete toolkit suitable to begin doing the work taught and a copy of Marla Mallett’s book Woven Structures: A Guide to Oriental and Textile Analysis”
- Rug scrap to work on in class and take home with examples of all techniques taught
- Comprehensive hand-outs with recommended books and supplier lists.
Class size limited
Application & Payment Forms
Master Rug Cleaner and Robert Mann Oriental Rug Cleaning have partnered to deliver 2 advanced classes back-to-back for our international students.
Schedule both classes and receive a discount!
January 22-24, 2019 and January 28-30, 2019