This 3 day class is designed for persons with established basic or intermediate knowledge of oriental rug repair or Navajo rug repair. Teaching is hands-on with Navajo rugs to learn and practice techniques.
- A comprehensive review of Navajo weaving technology and structures
- Basic spinning and materials preparation. Students learn to spin materials with a drop spindle.
- Repair and replacement of side and end selvages
- Re-warping and basic re-weaving of holes
- Corner finishes
- Re-tensioning of selvage cords
- Blocking to rectify shape